Real coach Carlo Ancelotti indicated the 24-year-old winger would remain in the Spanish capital to continue his rehabilitation, despite being included in Wales' squad for their final two World Cup qualifiers.
Wales coach Chris Coleman surprisingly named Bale on Thursday, only to immediately admit he would take no part in matches against Macedonia and Belgium.
And while Ancelotti said Madrid were still discussing Bale's plans over the next fortnight with the Wales hierarchy, he believes the winger will remain in Spain to ensure he is fit to return after the international break.
"He'll stay here to train for 15 days," Ancelotti was reported as saying on the club's official website.
"We have to co-ordinate with Wales but I think that he'll stay here in the end and train over the 15 days. That way he'll be ready for the match after the break".
Bale has made just one start since completing his world-record move to Madrid.
He was a second-half substitute in last week's 1-0 derby draw to Atletico Madrid, before again being struck down by injury after his pre-season was severely limited.
Ancelotti admitted that Bale had become frustrated that he is yet to hit full stride for his new club, but believes the winger will be fit and ready when Madrid host Malaga on October 19.
"He's not happy because he was looking forward to playing," he said.